The dress code is designed to be consistent with the focus of Camp – promoting spiritual focus and growth. The policy is meant to promote modesty and minimize distraction.
Pants, Shorts, Dresses and Skirts
Shorts may be worn for a portion of the day. Beginning at flag raising, campers may wear shorts until the end of boy’s swim time at 6PM. When campers arrive for dinner at 6:00PM, boys must be wearing long pants and girls must be wearing long pants, capris or dresses/skirts that go below the knee. This continues through the end of the day. Shorts can be no higher than 3 inches above the knee. Ripped, torn or slashed clothing is not permitted. Tight fitting, lycra-spandex items, yoga pants and transparent clothing and cutoffs may not be worn. Sagging pants or torn pants/jeans that have holes exposing skin or undergarments in inappropriate areas are not permitted. Pants are to be worn at the waist as to not reveal undergarments.
Shirts, Blouses, Tops and Pants
Shirts or blouses are to be worn buttoned and in accordance with design and appropriateness. Undershirts, tank tops, transparent tops or blouses, and spaghetti straps are not permitted unless worn under other clothing.
Campers must wear shoes anytime they are outside of the cabin. For hiking and recreation periods, some sort of athletic shoes must be worn. Sandals and flip-flops are permitted at other times during the day.
Special Note to Parents & Campers Regarding Prescription Medications
Per State of Texas regulations, prescription medications MUST be brought to camp in their original containers showing patient & dosage.
What to Bring
- Bible: Bring a paper bible as smartphones are not permitted
- Personal Effects: towels, washcloths, shampoo, conditioner, soap, shaving cream & razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc…
- Bedding: sheets, blanket or pillow, sleeping bag
- Outdoor: swim suit & cover-up, sunscreen, baseball glove, flashlight, short beach chair or blanket/towel to sit on during worship, hats and caps, insect repellent
- Stationary: paper, envelopes, stamps (if camper desires to send mail)
- Musical Instruments: (non-amplified) or other small props/costumes for talent night (if desired)
- Snacks: Canteen is provided, but campers may bring snacks for their cabin (if desired)
Camp Bandina and it’s staff are not responsible for loss or damage of Camper’s property. Bring valuables at your own risk.
What NOT to Bring
- Firearms, knives or fireworks
- Water balloons or water pistols
- CD/MP3 Players or other stereo devices
- Computers, tablets or other personal computing devices including smartphones
- Cell phones: Cell phone use is not permitted during the week of camp. If you bring your cell phone, keep it off and give it to your counselor for safe keeping.
- Valuables that may be lost or damaged
- Anything that may get you in trouble or isn’t consistent with the mission of spiritual focus & growth